- Wiskers: retainers for "docking" the fibers "in flight"
- Tryptophan: triggers the deployment of the fibers
- Damage tolerance to fibers: zero (consider the implications of antibody minimum lethal dosage)
- Specificity and The Attachment Site
- Function of gp-2 at lead end ("leader protein")
- The glycosylation of the Ø-DNA (166 kbp = 1.2 x 108 dal = 300 avg proteins)
- Done only to whole DNA
- New Enzymes needed
- Circularly permuted, linear entrance (2-4% terminal redundancy)
- Sticky ends: 3'-exonuclease
- Circularization; ligase
- ori-Ø is at gene-42; bidirectional; intermediate
- Concatomer formation in intermediate and late phases
- Rolling circle mode of replication
- Packing head-fulls (which are slightly more than one genome's worth)
I want to go to the TOP OF PAGE or ESCAPE! or go back to the Virology Home Page!